Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thing #22-Nings

http://teacherlingo.com/Just when I thought I could not find anything on blogging that was more fun then what I had already found, I did. Nings-Teacher Group is great. It is like having your own facebook of teacher friends. To have a group of people that you can talk to that have similar issues or to be able to help others in the same profession from all over is great.

I remember my Education Professor telling me to always go "cherry picking" with other teachers. Go get ideas and give ideas to other teachers in your area. This allows you to do that with your computer. The first one I read was from a teacher who was worried about teaching on a block schedule next year. We have been on a block schedule for years and I love it. To be able to connect with others to talk about your concerns is great.

Once year we meet with other teachers within our district that teach the same subject as we do. I love this time to be able to share ideas, joys and concerns. Nings has just expanded that same idea so much further. For new teachers that have questions or concerns, what a great thing for them to have access to.

I love it!

No comments: